Welcome...

“If this was America I’d be a Cowboy...which would possibly be a bit cooler!”

Monday 20 February 2012

Box clever...

A lot of the last week has been spent buried in boxes, so to speak. It’s not something I thought about before I got the beef business going, but now I have no choice. Boxes are everywhere. Everything I have ordered, from blue elastoplasts to electric scales, comes in boxes. White butcher’s coats come in boxes, probe thermometers come in boxes, as do plastic bags and labels - even shipping boxes come in boxes. I even have big, toughened polystyrene boxes which were delivered in even bigger boxes, which go in the back of my pick-up to hold smaller boxes for my deliveries. I have never seen so many bloody boxes! So imagine my delight when I find no less than four emails in my “inbox” over the weekend asking me if I do a beef selection ”box”!?!

It is a fair question, and as I differ slightly from other producers by using the majority of the stewing cuts of beef for making the pies, I didn’t feel the need to coerce customers into having to only buy selection boxes. It’s clear now that quite a few people would actually prefer to purchase their beef in this way, not only because of the discount, but also because they can experiment a bit and see how the different cuts compare. So, in addition to still offering customers as much or as little of anything they want, I have come up with three introductory box options. All weights are approximate, and the final price may vary by a few pence but will always be a function of the exact weight – most importantly, all prices have been discounted by 10%.


The Baby box - £25.00  

  • 2 X 8oz/280g Rump Steaks 
  • 1 x 1 Kilo Topside Roasting Joint 
  • 500g Stewing Beef 
  • 500g Mince 


The Midi box - £50 

  • 2 x 8oz/280g Sirloin Steaks 
  • 2 x 8oz/280g Rump Steaks 
  • 1 x 2 kilo Topside Roasting Joint 
  • 600g Pack of Beef Shin for stewing/casseroles (specify sliced with bone as in “Osso Buco”, or diced) 
  • 600g Pack of Mince 


The Big box - £100 

  • 4 x 10oz/350g Sirloin Steaks 
  • 1 x 2 kilo Rolled Sirloin Roasting Joint
Then either...
  • 2 x 750g Packs of Beef Shin for stewing/casseroles (specify sliced with bone as in “Osso Buco”, or diced)
  • 2 x 750g Packs of mince
Or...
  • 1 x 750g piece of fillet steak


Collection & Delivery 

If you're passing you can pop in to collect (12-2pm Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday). I can also deliver free within a 10 mile radius of Robertsbridge - delivery days are Tuesday and Friday. If you live outside of the 10 miles there will be a small additional charge depending on postcode – much further and I will send by courier in a “chiller-pack” to anywhere in England for an additional £7.75, usually shipped next day.

If you are interested in any of these offers please let me know asap at orders@scalandsfarm.co.uk as there are a limited amount of boxes I can offer due to availability.

No comments:

Post a Comment